Since January 2018 we generate video tutorials. These videos are meant to replace online training courses, making the content of such courses available to everyone.
Please do not expect professional video and audio quality – the tutorials are recorded in real time without any post-processing, like what you would get in a real software training session.
The videos below are available on YouTube. For those you do not have access to YouTube the videos are available here on a separate website.
- About Wolfgang Theiss and his company (7 min)
- Installing our software packages (16 min)
- SCOUT and CODE user interface (45 min)
- Optical constants (45 min)
- Light at interfaces – wave propagation through thick and thin layers (67 min)
- Glass coatings – an introduction (44 min)
- Handling glass substrates in optical models (34 min)
- Development of a suitable optical model for oxide and nitride layers (36 min)
- Systematic thin film analysis – batch fit (50 min)
- Getting productive – thickness profiles and optical functions (33 min)
- Parallel computing – introduction to MIPSS (8 min)
- Automation, scripts and triggers in SCOUT and CODE (41 min)
- ‘Bulk analysis’ using MIPSS (26 min)
- Optical models for conductive layers (34 min)
- Introduction to thin film design with CODE (65 min)
- Optical production control for large area coaters (44 min)
- Optical production control – BREIN demo (28 min)
- GenetiCode – automatic thin film design with a genetic algorithm (36 min)
- Powerful master models for design and production control (22 min)
- Demo of VisualOptics software (10 min)